Charters with Captain Jim Henley could not be a simpler way to have fun. Drifting in the flats of the Gulf of Mexico, catching fish, no responsibilities, just enjoying the lull of the gulf waters…unbeatable YOU time.
Every Day Charter Choices
Full or half day fishing on the flats where spotted sea trout, red fish, flounder, Florida pink snapper, black sea bass, and silver trout are just a few of the species you might expect to catch. The flats charter can handle up to four anglers.
Near shore charters are available, weather permitting, and include bottom fishing for black sea bass and Florida pink snapper. This full day charter accommodates up to four anglers. If Captain Jim decides weather conditions are not favorable, a full day flats charter will be substituted at a reduced price.
Got more than 4 family or friends joining you? No Problem! We line up multiple captains and vessels for your group.
There is no more creative mind, than a relaxed mind! Want more out of your employees? Treat them like they matter! We’ve planned numerous company retreats…and yes, ladies fish too! The feedback from these retreats has been overwhelmingly positive. Relaxation promotes productivity — give it a try!
Seasonal Charter Choices
Each year from the first full moon of March to the first full moon of April, near the shore of Steinhatchee, sheepshead come to breed. These are among the most interesting fish to catch and range from four to six pounds. Sheepshead are caught on light tackle and make for an exciting trip within itself. You will use rigs developed by Captain Jim to make your catch easier to land, but be assured the fight will be on. This is a full day charter accommodating up to four anglers with an inshore price.
Late October and early November, the silver trout migrate through the flats of Steinhatchee. This catch is a part of your daily catch of spotted sea trout and red fish.
Your Charter is Simple to Plan and Enjoy
- Pick your time of year and date to visit
- Call Captain Jim (423) 330-0101 or make your reservations online.
- Show up to the boat, bringing your food and drink. All license, permits, bait, tackle, extra iced cooler is already on board for you. (If you have a favorite rod & reel, you can bring it with you.)
- If you are scalloping during your trip please BE SURE TO BRING MASKS, SNORKLES, AND FINS for everyone in your group. These items will not be provided. We will provide a bag for which scallops can be gathered while snorkeling.
- Fish and scallop cleaners will be waiting for you when you return to the marina
Capt. Jim provides for you:
- Boat and fuel
- Tackle ( rods, reels, artificial baits)
- Fishing license
- Dry storage for your cell phone, camera, wallet, etc
- Ice chests for your catch, food and beverages
- US Coast Guard-approved equipment
- Bait (Captain’s choice)
What you need to bring:
- Appropriate clothing for weather
- Hat or cap
- Sunglasses (polarized lens enhance the view!)
- Sun block
- Food, beverage (no glass containers)
- Non-marring deck shoes
- Camera (for that perfect moment)
- Ice chest for taking home your catch
Capt. Jim’s boat has the following for your safety and convenience:
- Dry storage for your belongings
- Fish box
- US Coast Guard-approved safety gear (for children and adults) type 1 commercial vests
- First aid supplies
- GPS/depth finders
- 2 VHF radios
- Power pole
- Top quality rods and reels
Remember, you will be out in the elements. The weather may be hot, cold, or rainy. Please be prepared. Bring plenty of water, sunscreen, or sunblock, sunglasses, rain gear, gloves, hats, jackets or other outer clothing, as appropriate for the weather.